Sunday, April 24, 2011

New Place To Volunteer

This week I found a new place to volunteer. It's at the Weston animal Hospital. I had never even noticed that it was there. Of course, I never really go to that area so it would make sense that I've never seen it before, but still, I've never heard about it. I was so exited when I found it. It looked really nice inside and it seemed to be a really clean place.
Once I went in, I asked them if they took volunteers or if they offered any internships. They said yes and gave me an application to fill out. Since I am still not seventeen yet, I cannot do an internship, so I applied to volunteer. After I finished filling out the application, the manager interviewed me for a few minutes. When we were done, she said that I could go volunteer. I was so surprised because at other places where I have applied to volunteer, after I filled out an application, all they would say was that they would call me back. I still haven't even heard back from some of the places that I applied for, so I was super excited to hear that I could just call in and go volunteer.
I'm still not sure when I'll go volunteer yet, but I think I'm going to call some time this week and see if I can volunteer this weekend. The manager said that the best time to volunteer would be in the morning and when the kennel manager is there. So Hopefully she will be there during the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment