Monday, April 18, 2011

Fostering

On Saturday at the Humane Society of Greater Miami there is going to be a fostering class. I have been wanting to foster a dog for a long time and now that my sister has moved out and will be taking her dog with her, I thought this would be the perfect time to try and convince my parents to let me foster a dog. I already have one dog and since he is an older dog, and older dogs usually tend to be calmer, I feel like he I can trust him being around new dogs. I know that he is also going to get lonely without my sister's dog being around.
The reason why I waited until my sister's dog left, was because she is only about five years old and she is the type of dog breed that can become very hyper. Many of the dogs that need fostering are ones that are very stressed out from being in the shelter around so many dogs that are always barking, and need a break. So I feel like my sister's dog might be too much for the dogs to handle being around. I'm so excited to go and learn about what it is to be an animal foster, hopefully I'll be able to foster a dog or puppy soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment