Sunday, April 17, 2011

Interview

This week was very exciting! I got to interview a holistic veterinarian. It was pretty hard to find one, especially because there aren't that many around south Florida. I had to search online to find some holistic veterinarians, and many of them were located further up north. After I found a few, I had to make some phone calls to see if they would even let me interview them. I had a little trouble with that because, there were a few that would not answer when I called. I wasn't sure if it was because I was calling after office hours, and since  didn't have their website, I couldn't even check for their office hours. But finally, i found one place that answered when I called. When she answered, I asked the woman if I would be able to interview the holistic veterinarian at the clinic. Then, the next day I got a call back from the clinic and the they said that I could schedule a day to go in and interview the veterinarian. So I had scheduled to go interview the vet for Tuesday the following week.
Unfortunately, as Tuesday approached, I had to reschedule. My father's best friend's mother had passed away that Tuesday morning and my dad had to help his best friend with funerals arrangements. Because my dad was gone, and everyone else in my family is gone during the day, I had no way of getting to the interview. So then, I had to call and reschedule the interview for the next Tuesday. Finally, when Tuesday had arrived, I was able to go to the interview. I was sooo excited to ask Dr. Keller my questions.
Dr. Keller provided me with some very useful information and advice. Some of the things she told me were, that I should get as much experience as I can with all types of animals, not only small animals. She had said that not having enough experience was the only reason that she had not gotten into medical school the first time she applied, because she had never been told that knowing about all types of animals was so important. She also said that getting a minor in psychology was a good thing to do, because it is important to know how to deal with the animal's owners. Some of the modalities that she used were Chinese herbs, acupuncture, and chiropractics.
Dr. Keller was very sweet and seemed to really love her job, and care for the animals. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who is looking for a holistic veterinarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment